Direct Sales Representative
Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products and services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, and project manager.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Reports on daily activities via use of company’s CRM system.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- At least five years outside sales experience to OEM’s in the metals industry
- Metal fabrication job shop experience that may include:
- Industrial, Product Design, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Sales of job shop manufacturing services and/or prototyping services
- Prefer precision thin gauge metal fabrication knowledge/experience
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Design or other technical subject or equivalent experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude and consultative sales style
- Professional appearance and presentation skills
- User level experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Mastercam, Outlook, and Excel
- Experienced prospector/hunter as focus will be on developing NEW customers
- Must have developed and managed multiple years of $1 million dollars in new business revenue annually
- Self starter and a quick study must be demonstrated
- Available territories include Northwest, Southeast, Canada, and Mexico
- Expected travel to be approximately 70% – 80% in your area
For your expertise and performance we offer a competitive compensation package that includes a base salary, multi-level commission structure, benefits and the tools you need to be successful.
This Position reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing.